A period of celebration always calls for an occasional afternoon cocktail. Impress friends and family with this breezy and fruity concoction featuring a seamless blend of black tea, lime, pineapple and ginger beer and rum, which is as much warming as minty.
- 1 black teabag
- 1 cup (250 ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (250 ml) white or dark rum
- 1 cup (250 ml) pineapple juice, chilled
- 1 cup (250 ml) lime juice cordial, chilled
- 6 cups (1.5 litres) ginger beer, chilled
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh small mint leaves
- 1 medium lemon, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 medium lime, halved, thinly sliced
- Ice cubes, to serve
Place teabag in a heatproof jug, cover with the boiling water; stand for 5 mins. Squeeze teabag over water, discard teabag.
In a large serving jug, combine the tea, rum, juice and cordial. Cover, and refrigerate until required.
Just before serving, add ginger beer, mint, lemon and lime slices. Place ice cubes in serving glasses, top with punch.