We doubt it gets any more comforting than this. This recipe combines the earthiness of shiitake and oyster mushrooms with the succulence of beef brisket, all encased in a decadent puff pastry that crumbles with its own buttery fragrance. Make sure you achieve that perfect golden brown for the best taste and texture.
- 30 g butter
- 900 g beef brisket, chopped coarsely
- ¼ cup (35 g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ¼ cup (60 ml) light soy sauce
- ½ cup (125 ml) mirin
- ½ cup (125 ml) sake
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 100 g oyster mushrooms, chopped coarsely
- 100 g fresh shiitake mushrooms, chopped coarsely
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- ½ tsp black sesame seeds
- ½ tsp white sesame seeds
Stir mushrooms into dish; season. Cover dish with pastry; brush with egg and sprinkle with seeds.
Bake pie for 15 mins or until pastry is browned.