- 1.5 kg kipfler potatoes, peeled
- ¼ cup (60 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, skin-on, bruised
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 2 tbsps baby capers
- ½ cup (90g) pitted green Sicilian olives, chopped coarsely
- ¼ cup finely chopped rosemary
Preheat oven to 220 C/200 C fan.
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over high heat; cook potatoes for 10 mins or until almost cooked through. Drain.
Place potatoes in a large bowl. Using a potato masher, lightly crush potatoes, to break into different sized pieces. Add the oil, garlic, lemon rind and juice, capers, olives and rosemary; toss to coat. Transfer to a large roasting pan.
Roast potatoes for 30 mins or until golden and crisp. Season.