Whether you’re having it with beer or as part of your family-friendly spread, this one-pan garlic butter fish and crispy potatoes provides a different perspective to fish and chips, with very little time and effort needed.
- 1 large (400 g) sweet potato, peeled, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium (600 g) red royal potatoes, chopped coarsely
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g store-bought garlic and herb butter, softened
- 2 tbsp baby capers
- 4 160 g firm white fish fillets
- Salad leaves, for serving
Preheat oven to 240 C (220 C fan-forced). Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
Place the potatoes in a bowl. Add oil, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and toss to combine. Place in a single layer on the prepared tray. Bake for 25 mins, or until golden.
Meanwhile, combine the butter and capers in a small bowl.
Remove the potato mixture from the oven and push them up one end of the oven tray. Arrange fish fillets on the same tray and spread the butter mixture evenly over each fillet.
Return to the oven and bake for another 10 mins, or until fish is just cooked through.
Serve the fish with potatoes and salad leaves.
Not suitable to freeze.