11. Score chicken flesh and skin all over. Place in a bowl with salt and lemon juice. Toss to combine. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
22. To make the glaze, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and fresh ginger and cook, stirring, until pale golden. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cool completely.
33. To make mayonnaise, process eggs, mustard, vinegar and lemon zest and juice in a food processor until well combined. With the motor running, gradually add oil, drop by drop at first, then in a thin, steady stream until thick and emulsified. Season and refrigerate until needed.
44. To make cabbage salad, place onion, oil, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar in a bowl and whisk until sugar dissolves. Season. Stir in remaining ingredients and season.
55. Preheat oven to 200C.
66. Brush corn all over with combined butter and miso. Wrap in foil and bake for 25 minutes. Roll in nori ‘crumbs’.
77. To make the batter, whisk flours with 185ml (¾ cup) water until smooth and combined.
88. Fill a deep-fryer or large saucepan one-third full with peanut oil and heat over medium heat to 180C (or until a cube of bread turns golden in 10 seconds). Working in batches, dip chicken into batter, allow excess batter to drain off, then gently drop into the oil and fry, turning halfway, for 15 minutes or until crisp and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Drizzle over glaze and sprinkle over sesame seeds.
99. Divide chicken among serving plates and serve with cabbage salad, corn and mayonnaise to the side.
Recipes and Photo courtesy of Diva Universal