Rich with Asian flavours and scrumptious seafood, this pot of soup is best accompanied with steaming bowls of jasmine rice for a satisfying family meal.
- 1 litre fish stock, clear
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- 3 tbsps sake (or use Shaoxing wine)
- 3 tbsps mirin (Japanese rice vinegar)
- 25 g ginger, finely shredded
- 1 handful coriander stalks, and leaves, for garnishing
- 1 red chillies, deseeded and finely shredded
- 20 g live mussels, cleaned
- 1 pomfret, fillet into thin slices
- 1 carrot, finely shredded
- 2 spring onions, finely shredded
- 100 g prawns
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
Place fish stock, soy sauce, sake, rice wine vinegar, ginger, coriander stalks and chilli into a Corningware Retroflam pot and bring up to the boil, cook for 10 mins.
Add the mussels to the pan and cook, until the shells have opened. Remove them and place into serving bowls.
Add the sliced pomfret to the stock, together with carrot and spring onion. Cook for 2 to 3 mins.
Add prawns and cook for another 2 to 3 mins.
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, garnish with coriander leaves and serve immediately.