This simple and fuss-free dish can be made with last night’s leftovers.
- 3 to 4 bundles of egg noodles (or thick rice noodles, if you are gluten-intolerant)
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- ½ head of white cabbage, shredded
- 1 to 2 roasted chicken legs (or any cooked leftover meat), skin removed, meat shredded
- 3 to 4 tbsps Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Sliced red chilli
- 2 stalks spring onions, chopped
Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the noodles for a minute, till they are softened but still retain a bite. Drain and leave aside.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the shredded cabbage till it softens.
Add the shredded meat, then the noodles.
Season with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Toss well to combine.
Garnish with red chilli and spring onions.
Recipe: Sylvia Tan / Photo: Ng Sor Luan / The Straits Times