Alongside sauteed carrots and potatoes, this coconut-based curry features cabbage and tuna with a finish of green chilli and coriander.
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 carrot, peeled, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 2 potatoes, peeled, 1cm cubes
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 green cabbage, shredded
- 425 g can tuna, drained, flaked (see tip)
- 1 long green chilli, seeded, finely sliced
- Coriander leaves, brown rice, to serve
Combine coconut milk and coconut and soak 10 mins.
In a large heavy-based saucepan, heat oil on high. Saute carrot and potatoes 4-5 mins, until lightly browned. Add seeds and cumin and cook, stirring 1 min.
Mix in coconut mixture and cabbage. Cook on low heat, covered, 6-8 mins, until potato is tender and cabbage wilts.
Gently stir tuna through. Sprinkle with green chilli and coriander. Serve with brown rice.
Top Tip: Tuna can be swapped for canned salmon or fresh cubed fish of choice – just add final 5 mins of cooking time.
Photo: Rob Shaw/Bauersyndication.com.au