Toss around some chewy noodles, crunchy vegetables and succulent chicken for a light and healthy lunch of chicken patties with bee hoon.
- 750 g chicken mince
- 100 g green beans, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Vietnamese curry paste
- 2 green onions, finally sliced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsps brown sugar
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 150 g bee hoon, soaked, drained
- 1 cup mint leaves
- sweet chilli sauce, lime, to serve
- 2 tbsps caster sugar
- 2 tbsps rice vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 carrot, peeled, julienne
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeded, julienne
- 1 yellow capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
In a large bowl, combine mince, beans, paste, onions, sauce and sugar. Mix well. Shape ⅓ cup mixture into rounded patties. Chill 15 mins.
To prepare pickled salad, combine all ingredients. Chill until ready to serve.
In a large frying pan, heat oil on medium. Cook patties in two batches, 4 to 5 mins each side, until golden.
In a bowl, toss noodles with mint and pickled salad. Serve with patties, sweet chilli sauce and lime wedges.
Photo: John Paul Urizar/bauersyndication.com.au