A great way to met the family’s quota of veggies! This scrumptious Thai green curry contains a variety of vegetables as well as tender chicken strips.
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, chopped
- 4 finger eggplants, sliced in half lengthways
- ½ cup green curry paste
- 150 g green beans, trimmed, cut into 3-cm batons
- 2 x 270 ml light coconut milk
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 100 g tofu puffs, halved
- Coriander leaves, stemmed kai lan, basmati rice, to serve
In a large frying pan, heat oil on medium. Saute chicken and eggplant 2-3 mins until golden and tender. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, 1 min until fragrant
Add beans and cook, stirring, 1 min until well coated with paste. Mix in coconut milk. Bring to boil on high, stirring.
Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 3-4 mins, stirring occasionally until vegetables are just tender.
Remove from heat. Stir in tomatoes and tofu. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, 2-3 mins.
Serve curry scattered with coriander. Accompany with kai lan and rice.
Photo: Rob Shaw/Bauer