A vegetarian version, this light rendang dish is no less moriesh. Serve it on meatless Mondays, or save it for a healthy weekend brunch. It’s also kid-friendly!
- 1 medium brown onion (150 g), chopped finely
- 185 g rendang curry paste
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- 3 medium Désirée potatoes (750 g), chopped coarsely
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
Cook onion and curry paste in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring, 3 mins or until onion has softened and paste is fragrant.
Stir in coconut milk and the water; bring to a simmer. Add potato; cook, covered, 15 mins or until tender, stirring occasionally. Season to taste.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat; break eggs into pan. Cook eggs until done as desired.
Divide curry between serving bowls; top with fried eggs and coriander.
Recipe & Photo: The Australian Women’s Weekly