This potato and egg rendang recipe shows you how to rustle up a quick and flavourful meal from just basic ingredients within arm’s reach. Addictively spicy, we suggest you neutralise the heat with some rice (such as this biryani) or roti.
- 1 medium brown onion (150 g), chopped finely
- 185 g rendang curry paste
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- 3 medium desiree potatoes (750 g), chopped coarsely
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
Cook onion and curry paste in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring, 3 mins or until onion has softened and paste is fragrant.
Stir in coconut milk and the water; bring to a simmer. Add potato; cook, covered, 15 mins or until tender, stirring occasionally. Season to taste.
Divide curry between serving bowls; top with fried eggs and coriander.