Combine slow cooking techniques with the elements of korma and you’ll have a thick, flavourful and warming dish that’ll both comfort and satisfy. Our recipe here includes chickpeas and sweet potatoes for ample carbs, and is a great bowl of curry for vegans and non-vegans alike.
- 400 g can coconut cream
- ⅓ cup (100 g) gluten-free korma curry paste
- 1 small (100 g) red onion, slicked thickly
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh curry leaves
- 500 g orange sweet potato, unpeeled, sliced thickly
- 400 g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
Combine coconut cream, curry paste, onion and curry leaves in a large bowl. Add both the sweet potatoes and the chickpeas, season and toss to coat.
Layer mixture in a 5.5 litre (22 cups) slow cooker. Scrape any remaining sauce from the bowl and spread over the top, pressing lightly to compress the sweet potatoes. Cook, covered, on low for 6½ hrs or high for 3¼ hrs, or until potatoes are tender.
To serve, divide curry among plates; scatter with coriander.