Eating solo? This incredible soy glazed ocean trout is perfectly portioned for one, coming with a side of greens. The slightly sweet sauce pairs with tender ocean trout fillet for a crisp and delicious finish.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Kikkoman soy sauce
- 2 tbsps caster sugar
- 2 tsps finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsps rice wine vinegar
- 200 g boneless ocean trout fillet
- 2 stems choy sum (55 g), chopped coarsely
- ½ cup (50 g) sugar snap peas
- ¼ cup (40 g) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsps fresh coriander, chopped coarsely
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly diagonally
- Toasted sesame seeds, extra coriander and steamed brown rice, to serve
Combine sauce, sugar, ginger, oil and half the vinegar in a small saucepan; cook marinade, over high heat, for 4 mins or until thickened.
Place trout on a small baking-paper-lined oven tray; brush half the marinade over trout. Roast, in oven, for 8 mins or until golden and almost cooked through.
Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add choy sum, cook for 1 min; add sugar snap peas and peas, cook for a further minute or until vegetables are tender crisp. Drain well; transfer to a serving bowl with coriander and onion.
Flake trout, discarding skin, add to bowl with remaining marinade and vinegar; toss gently to combine.
Top with sesame seeds and extra coriander, and serve with rice, if you like.