Mouth-watering kebab-inspired salmon skewers infused with tandoori, curry and other spices. This is sure to be the star of the dining table!
- 1 cup Greek-style yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp tandoori paste
- 750 g skinless salmon fillet, cubed
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, grated zest, juice, plus extra wedges to serve
- 3 green cardamom pods, bruised
- 3 whole cloves, lightly bruised
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 400 g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 60 g baby spinach
- ⅓ cup coriander leaves
- Mango chutney, warmed, to serve
In a bowl combine ½ cup yoghurt and paste. Coat salmon and thread onto 8 soaked bamboo skewers.
In a large frying pan, heat oil on medium. Add onion, garlic, zest and spices to pan. Cook, stirring 3-5 mins until onion softens.
Stir in lentils to coat in oil mixture. Pour in stock and bring to boil. Simmer 2-3 mins until reduced slightly. Remove from heat and set aside. Mix spinach through. Cover and set aside 3 mins until spinach wilts. Add coriander and lemon juice.
Preheat grill on high. Place salmon skewers on a foil-lined oven tray. Grill 6-8 mins, turning, until lightly charred and cooked through. Serve with lentils, mango chutney, extra yoghurt and lemon wedges.
TIP: Soak bamboo skewers in warm water 20 mins to help prevent scorching, or use metal skewers.
Photo: James Moffatt/Bauer