The unmistakable taste of lamb is joined by an impressive concoction of Asian condiments for a delicious and appetising stir-fry. Nuts can be sprinkled for extra textural dimension and lime leaves for presentational flair.
- 300 g dried rice noodles
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 750 g lamb rump, sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 small red Thai chillies, chopped finely
- 2 tbsps fish sauce
- 2 tbsps dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 4 makrut lime leaves, shredded
- 3 medium tomatoes (450 g), chopped finely
- ⅓ cup loosely packed Thai basil leaves
- ¼ cup (35 g) coarsely chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
Cook noodles according to directions on packet; drain.
Heat half the oil in a wok over high heat; stir-fry lamb, in batches, until browned. Remove from wok; cover to keep warm.
Heat remaining oil in wok; stir-fry garlic and chilli until fragrant. Add sauces, sugar and three quarters of the lime leaves; stir-fry until combined.
Return lamb to wok with noodles and tomato; stir-fry until tomato starts to soften and is heated through. Serve sprinkled with Thai basil, nuts and remaining lime leaves.