The perfect dessert is one that can be a meal on its own. Behold, the crumbly goodness of this sweet yet tangy, refreshing yet warming dessert will fill your tummy and fulfil your tastebuds.
- 1 kg green-skinned apple, peeled, cored, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp mixed spice, plus ½ tsp extra
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup moist coconut flakes
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- 60 g chilled butter, chopped
- ½ cup skinless hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
Preheat oven to 200 C. Grease 4 x ¼ cup ramekins. Place on an oven tray. Combine apple, raspberries, caster sugar, juice, essence and mixed spice in a large bowl. Spoon the mixture into ramekins.
Combine flour, coconut, brown sugar and extra mixed spice in a bowl. Rub in butter to make fine crumbs. Stir in hazelnuts. Spoon hazelnut mixture over apple mixture.
Bake for 30 mins or until golden and bubbling. Stand for 5 mins. Dust with icing sugar. Serve with ice-cream.