Have your dessert and drink in one sitting with an affogato featuring chocolate, cinnamon, and aromatic coffee. That combined with vanilla ice-cream makes it simply irresistible, all in a quick and easy recipe.
- 1 tbsp instant espresso coffee granules
- 2 tbsps caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 2 tbsps coffee-flavoured liqueur
- 50 g (1½ ounces) dark (semi-sweet) chocolate, grated finely
- 4 scoops vanilla or chocolate ice-cream
Stir coffee, sugar, cinnamon and the water in a small saucepan over medium heat, without boiling, until coffee and sugar dissolve. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat; stand, covered, 10 mins. Discard cinnamon stick.
Return coffee syrup to the boil. Remove from heat; stir in liqueur and half the grated chocolate.
Scoop ice-cream into four ½-cup (125 ml) serving glasses; sprinkle with remaining chocolate. Pour hot coffee syrup over ice-cream. Serve coffee shots immediately.
TIP We used Tia Maria for this recipe, but you can use your favourite coffee-flavoured liqueur.