This chocolate and peanut butter ice-cream pie is quite the decadent treat. Set atop a crisp biscuit base and finished with rich, hot fudge sauce, there really is nothing left to do but enjoy.
Peanut butter ice-cream pie
- 300 g (9½ ounces) chocolate chip cookies
- 40 g (1½ ounces) butter, melted
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 litre (4 cups) vanilla ice-cream, softened
- 1 1/3 cup (375g) crunchy peanut butter hot fudge sauce
Hot fudge sauce
- 200 g (6½ ounces) dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 50 g (1½ ounces) white marshmallows, chopped coarsely
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) thickened (heavy) cream
Press cookie mixture over base and side of tin; refrigerate for 10 minutes.
Beat softened ice-cream and peanut butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until combined. Spoon pie filling into crumb crust. Cover; freeze pie 3 hours or overnight.
For hot fudge sauce, stir ingredients in a small saucepan over heat, without boiling, until smooth.
Serve pie, drizzled with fudge sauce.
Tip: To further bring out the peanut butter flavour, use the Caramelised Peanut Brittle ice cream by Bulla Murray St Ice Creamery.