- 250 g frozen spinach, thaw
- 250 g fresh ricotta cheese (buy from supermarkets)
- 50 g grated parmesan cheese
- Salt, to taste
- 100 g dried cannelloni tubes
- 400 g thick tomato paste or puree (use canned)
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 10 basil leaves, slice finely
- Ground black pepper
- Cos lettuce and olive tapenade, to serve
Preheat oven at 180 C. Meanwhile, squeeze spinach to remove excess liquid. Put in a bowl with ricotta cheese and half the parmesan. Season to taste with salt; stir to combine.
Fill the cannelloni tubes with the ricotta filling then place on a small baking dish.
Pour the tomato paste into a bowl; add sugar, basil and a generous sprinkling of black pepper. Stir to combine. Spoon the tomato mixture over the cannelloni tubes and bake in the oven for 30 mins.
Remove baking dish from oven and sprinkle the remaining parmesan over the cannelloni. Return to the oven for a further 15 mins.
Serve with cos lettuce and olive tapenade.
Photo: Bauers/John Paul Urizar