Make sure cream is chilled before beating. You can use canned pitted cherries and sliced peaches.
- 85 g packet port wine or raspberry jelly
- 600 ml thickened cream
- 1/3 cup icing sugar mixture
- 250 g sponge, Madeira or Swiss roll, chopped
- ½ cup sherry or liqueur of choice
- 500 g premium thick custard
- 4 fresh peaches, peeled, stone removed, sliced or chopped
- 250 g fresh cherries, pitted, halved
- ½ cup flaked almonds, toasted
- Grated chocolate, to serve
Prepare jelly following instructions. Chill until firm. Chop roughly.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream and icing sugar together until soft peaks form. Chill.
Arrange half the cake pieces in the base of 8 serving glasses (or one large bowl). Drizzle with sherry.
Top each with an even amount of custard, jelly and combined fruit and top with cream. Chill, covered, for several hours. Serve topped with almonds and grated chocolate.
Make sure cream is chilled before beating. You can use canned pitted cherries and sliced peaches