An extravagant dinner lies in this wholesome lamb rack dish, which comes with flavourful sourdough, and lemon and herb crust. While it takes some time to prepare, including searing and baking, it will all be completely worth it with the lamb’s tender, juicy goodness.
- 500 g baby potatoes, peeled, quartered
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus 1 tbsp extra
- ½ 520 g woolworths sourdough loaf, processed into breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp finely chopped thyme
- 1 lemon, grated zest
- 2 8 ribs lamb racks, trimmed (see tip)
- 2 tbsps dijon mustard
- 400 g cherry truss tomatoes
- Woolworths select frozen australian baby peas, steamed, to serve
Preheat oven to 180 C (160 C fan-forced).
Combine potatoes and half the oil in a large baking dish. Toss to coat and season to taste. Bake for 20 mins.
In a bowl combine crumbs, remaining oil, thyme and zest. Season to taste and mix well.
Heat extra oil in large frying pan on high. Sear lamb for 4-5 mins, all over. Cool slightly.
Spread 1 tbsp mustard over each rack. Then press crumb mixture firmly over meat side. Transfer to baking dish with potatoes. Bake for 15-20 mins, for medium, or until cooked to taste. Add tomatoes to tray for final 10 mins of cooking time.
Rest lamb, loosely covered with foil, for 10 mins before cutting into two rib pieces. Serve with potatoes, truss tomatoes and peas.
TIP You can trim lamb racks at home by scraping along the rib bones with a small sharp knife, removing excess sinew and fatty tissue until trimmed and cleaned.