Got a last-minute party to host? These tasty chicken sliders with lime mayo will make for the perfect finger food – and they’re so easy to make.
- 500 g chicken mince
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves, plus extra
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely grated
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsps grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 10 kong bak bao or braised pork buns (available at supermarkets)
- ⅓ cup sriracha
- 2 Japanese cucumbers, matchsticks
- ⅔ cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsps finely grated lime rind
In a bowl, combine chicken, crumbs, coriander, onion, lemongrass, fish sauce and ginger. Shape into 10 patties. Chill 10 mins.
LIME MAYO: In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Set aside.
In a large frying pan, heat oil on medium. Fry patties in batches, 2 mins each side, until golden and cooked through. Drain.
Meanwhile, steam or microwave buns following packet instructions.
Top with patties, a dollop of lime mayo, cucumber and a drizzle of sriracha, plus a sprig of coriander.