Start everyone off with these healthy and refreshing salad with a generous sprinkling of nuts, peas, beans mixed with pancetta and goat’s cheese.
- 8 slices pancetta
- 150 g baby green beans, trimmed
- 200 g sugar-snap peas
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- ¼ cup chopped skinless roasted hazelnuts
- 100 g soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 2 tsps wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
Preheat oven to moderate, 180 C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
Arrange pancetta on tray. Bake 5 to 10 mins until crisp. Break into pieces. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan of boiled salted water, cook beans 1 min, adding peas for final 30 secs. Drain, refresh under cold water, drain again. Place in a bowl with tomatoes, parsley and hazelnuts.
DRESSING In a jug, whisk all ingredients together. Season.
Drizzle dressing over salad when ready to serve. Toss well and season. Serve topped with pancetta and goat’s cheese.
Tip: Use any combination of peas or beans you prefer.
Photo: Rob Shaw/BauerSyndication.com.au