A taste of Italy will never be quite out of reach with this easy quick and easy risotto, at once healthy and tasty. We love the taste of sautéd mushrooms and bacon, mixed it with kale, parsley and fragrant butter – a combination fit for a homely, delicious meal, all ready in half an hour.
- 1.5 litre (6 cups) woolworths select liquid vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 rasherd rindless bacon, chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cup arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 bunch kale, shredded, blanched
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup finely grated macro organic parmigiano reggiano parmesan, plus extra, to serve
- 40 g butter, chopped
- Lemon cheeks, to serve
Pour stock into medium saucepan and bring to a slow simmer on medium. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
In a large heavy-based saucepan heat oil on medium. Sauté mushrooms, bacon, leek and garlic for 3-4 mins, until leek is tender. Add rice, stirring for 1 min, to coat well in oil.
Pour in wine and cook, stirring, for 1 min until absorbed. Add hot stock, 1 cup at a time, stirring between each addition, until liquid is almost absorbed (15-20 mins). Rice should be creamy with a slight bite.
Stir in kale, parsley, parmesan and butter. Season. Set aside, covered, for 2 mins. Serve with extra parmesan and lemon.