Sorbet for breakfast is a welcome treat with this banana berry smoothie bowl, made of frozen fruits, chia seeds, beetroot, and more. It also makes for a sweet but healthy dessert to be enjoyed after dinner.
- 4 medium frozen bananas (800 g), broken into pieces
- 500 g frozen strawberries
- 1 small beetroot (100 g), peeled, chopped
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 cup (500 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 250 g strawberries, halved
- 2 golden kiwifruits (170 g), peeled, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp white chia seeds
Working in two batches, place frozen bananas, frozen strawberries, beetroot, ginger and almond milk in a high-powered blender; blend until smooth.
Working in two batches, scoop sorbet into blender; blend until smooth.
Pour sorbet into bowls; top with fresh strawberries, kiwifruit and chia seeds. Serve immediately.
TIP Keep chopped bananas in a resealable plastic bag in the freezer to make early morning blending faster and easier. You can replace almond milk with any milk you prefer. Top the sorbet with any of your favourite fruits. Sorbet can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 week.