Who says eating healthy has to be boring? Have an alfresco meal with the family and dive into this beautiful galore of colours.
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 420 g can of chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes,
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled, sliced
- ½ bunch each of mint and coriander, leaves picked
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 roast chicken, sliced
- White balsamic vinegar or red-wine vinegar, to serve
Preheat oven to moderate, 180 C.
In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, broccoli, chickpeas, oil, harissa and garlic. Mix well to coat. Spread over an oven tray and season to taste. Bake 15-20 mins.
Add tomatoes to tray and bake a further 10-15 mins until vegetables are tender and golden, and tomatoes have slightly collapsed. Cool slightly.
In a bowl, toss vegetable mixture with avocado, herbs, raisins, almonds and seeds. Serve topped with chicken and a drizzle of vinegar.
Photo: Rob Shaw/Bauer