This classic Hawaiian dish is perfect for a quick and healthy lunch that will leave you feeling satisfied.
- 2 x 450 g packets microwave brown rice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 500 g sashimi-grade salmon, 2 cm cubes
- 1 cup shelled frozen edamame, thawed
- 3 red radish, thinly sliced
- 200 genoki mushrooms, trimmed
- 1/3 cup pickled pink ginger
- 1 sheet toasted nori, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Prawn crackers, to serve
Hot And Sour Dressing
- 2 tbsps rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsps sesame oil
- 2 tsps chilli flakes
- 2 tsps brown sugar
Prepare rice following packet instructions. Set aside.
Make hot and sour dressing; in a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Set aside.
In a large bowl toss rice, onion and half dressing.
Serve rice topped with salmon, edamame, radish, mushrooms, nori and ginger. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Accompany with remaining dressing and prawn crackers.
TIPS: Salmon can be lightly seared, then cubed. Use a mandolin to slice radish.
Recipe & Photo: Woman’s Day/BauerSyndication.com.au