With green papaya sliced into crunchy fine strips, combined with mint, lime juice, ginger and more, this refreshing and tangy salad with an unmistakable Thai flair is great as an appetiser or palate cleanser. You may find it pairs incredibly well with our larb gai or Thai beef salad.
- 6 mint leaves, chopped finely
- 1½ tbsps lime juice
- 1½ tbsps fish sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 small red chilli, seeded, chopped finely
- 1 small (650 g) green papaya, cut into fine strips
- 2 tbsps sesame seeds, toasted
- ½ cup coriander leaves
Combine mint, lime juice, fish sauce, caster sugar, ginger and chilli in a large non-metallic bowl. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
Add papaya to the dressing, toss to combine. Place salad into a serving bowl, scatter over sesame seeds and coriander. Serve immediately.