- 500 g salted jelly fish (whole piece)
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1 medium-sized Japanese cucumber, remove core and slice thinly
- 2 stalks coriander, use leaves only
- 1 red chilli, remove seeds and shred
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp chilli oil
- 2 tbsps light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsps sesame oil
- 1 tbsp fine sugar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsps sesame oil
Wash jelly fish thoroughly with water and soak it in a pot of water for 4 hours.
Roll up jelly fish and shred finely. Soak it in water again for 4 hours or until it’s no longer salty.
Blanch jelly fish in hot water for 5 to 6 mins if you prefer a softer texture, or for 2 mins if you prefer it crunchier. Remove and strain out water.
Combine salt with sliced cucumber. Leave on a colander to drain out liquid for 30 mins. Dry cucumber with a paper towel.
Combine sauce ingredients together. Add in jelly fish and cucumber; mix well. Serve garnished with coriander, chilli and sesame seeds.
Photo: Chris Leong