As much as we love the conventional pizza for its stringy cheese and abundance of sauce, healthy pizza has proven to be just as delicious with a little creativity. Try this one, which features kale with smoked salmon, avocado, mozzarella and more. It even comes with a special dill and horseradish cream cheese that’ll be sure to satisfy!
- 400 g kale, trimmed, leaves only, chopped coarsely
- 3 cups (300 g) grated mozzarella
- 4 eggs
- 1⅓ cups (100 g) panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs
- 1 small red onion (100 g), sliced thinly
- 200 g sliced smoked salmon
- 1 medium avocado (250 g), sliced
- 2 cups (35 g) baby rocket leaves
- 1 medium lemon (140 g), cut into 4 wedges
DILL & HORSERADISH CREAM CHEESE
- 185 g block light cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsps horseradish cream
- 2 tsps finely grated lemon rind
Preheat oven to 240 C. Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
Process kale, in two batches, until finely chopped. Return kale to processor; add 2 cups of the mozzarella, the eggs and breadcrumbs. Process until a sticky dough forms. Divide dough in half. Spread dough over trays to make two 22 cm x 32 cm rectangles.
Bake bases for 20 mins. Turn bases over and bake for a further 5 mins or until edges are browned.
Meanwhile, to make dill and horseradish cream cheese, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
Spread cream cheese mixture over bases. Top with onion and remaining mozzarella. Bake for 10 mins or until cheese is melted and golden.
Top pizzas with smoked salmon, avocado and rocket. Serve with lemon wedges.