Transform your plain old bake potato with kale slaw and yoghurt by following this easy recipe. If you’re not in the mood to do too much, this is an easy option.
Basic Baked Potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps light olive oil
- 4 equal-sized (about 200 g each floury potatoes (such as Dutch Creams)
Kale Slaw Baked Potatoes With Zesty Yoghurt
- 1 quantity Basic Baked Potatoes + 2⁄3 cup grated cheese
- 2 kale leaves, stalks removed, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp poppy seeds
Preheat oven to 200 C/180 C fan-forced. Make Basic Baked Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 200 C/180 C fan-forced. Brush potatoes with oil. Season with salt. Wrap each potato in foil. Place on an oven tray. Bake for 55 mins or until tender. Stand for 5 mins. Remove foil.
- Using a small, sharp knife, make a cross-cut in the top of the potatoes, not going all the way through. Use hands to gently push potato to open out the cross-cut and expose potato flesh.
Place baked potatoes on an oven tray. Top with cheese; bake for 5 mins or until melted.
Combine kale, carrot and onion in a bowl. Whisk yoghurt, juice and poppy seeds in a bowl. Top baked potatoes with kale slaw. Serve drizzled with yoghurt dressing.
Photo: Pablo Martin/bauersyndication.com.au