- 1 litre (4 cups) water
- 500 g linguine pasta
- 400 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsps finely grated lemon rind
- ½ cup (125 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 2 tbsps drained baby capers
- ⅓ cup (50 g) pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil, extra
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup (80 g) coarsely grated parmesan cheese
Bring the water to the boil in a lidded large frying pan over high heat. Add the pasta, tomato, rind, oil and salt. Cover; return to the boil. As soon as it comes to the boil, uncover and cook over high heat for 8 mins, turning the pasta regularly with a pair of tongs to stop the pasta sticking to the base of the frying pan.
Meanwhile, combine capers, olives and extra oil in a small bowl.
Remove pan from the heat. Add spinach and half the parmesan; toss gently with tongs. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Top with the caper mixture and the remaining parmesan. Serve immediately.