This salad in a jar recipe is a lifesaver! Pack leftover chicken, vegetables and herbs in a jar, whip up a yoghurt dressing then take to work or on the go for a fresh, healthy meal when you need it.
- A few asparagus spears, blanched
- Baby carrots, scrubbed and halved lengthways
- A few radishes, sliced
- 5 slices cucumber
- A few cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 slice goat’s milk feta
- Small handful roast almonds
- ½ cup leftover cooked chicken or hot-smoked salmon
- ½ peeled orange, sliced
- Fresh herbs, micro greens and borage flowers (flowers optional)
Yoghurt Mint Dressing
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt
- Juice ½ lemon or orange
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- Good pinch sugar
- ½ cup freshly torn mint leaves
Before work, put salad ingredients in sealed container. Put dressing ingredients, plus salt and pepper to season, in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid. Refrigerate until needed.
At work, assemble salad. Shake jar and drizzle Yoghurt Mint Dressing over salad.
Recipe & Photo: BauerSyndication.com.au