Preparing a healthy, satisfying lunch is easy with this delicious Thai Coconut Prawn Poke Bowl recipe – it comes with a moreish dressing which packs a punch of flavours.
- 2 cups white short-grain rice
- 270 ml can coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 4 finger eggplants, cut into 1.5cm rounds
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, quartered
- 500 g cooked king prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- Toasted flaked coconut, to serve
- 3/4 cup loosely-packed Thai basil leaves
- 2 long red chillies, thinly sliced
- 2 cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 tbsps peanut oil
- 2 tbsps light soy sauce
- 2 tbsps honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lime, finely grated zest and juice
In a medium saucepan combine rice, coconut milk, water and salt on medium. Cook, covered, for 15 mins not stirring. Remove from heat, set aside, covered, for 10 mins.
Meanwhile, to make the dressing; in a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Set aside.
In a large frying pan, heat oil on high. Saute eggplants for 8 to 10 mins until golden and soft. Set aside.
In same pan, saute bok choy for 2 to 3 mins until just wilted, toss through dressing with eggplant.
Serve coconut rice topped with vegetables and prawns. Accompany with toasted flaked coconut if liked.
Recipe & Photo: Woman’s Day/BauerSyndication.com.au