Deliciously flavoured scrambled tofu makes for a dreamy breakfast or lunch. Just load up a wrap with your favourite toppings and sauce for an unbeatable plant-based feast.
- 600 g firm tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 30 g (1 ounce) baby spinach, sliced thinly
- 1 large tomato (220 g), chopped
- 2 green onions (scallions), chopped finely
- 1 cup (240 g) canned refried beans (softened pinto beans) with chilli
- 4 x 21cm (8½-inch) red quinoa wraps or tortillas (100 g)
- 1 medium avocado (250 g), chopped
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- Hot chilli sauce, to taste
- 1 lime (65 g), cut into wedges
Pat tofu dry with paper towel. Crumble tofu into pieces with your fingers.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook tofu and tamari, stirring, for 2 mins or until warmed through.
Add spinach, tomato and green onion and cook for 1 min. Season to taste. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
Stir beans in a small saucepan over low heat until hot. Spread beans on wraps; top with tofu mixture, avocado, coriander and sauce. Roll up to enclose; tie with kitchen string, if you like. Serve with lime wedges.
- scrambled tofu
- tofu wrap