Step up your baked potato game by trying this creamy tuna and bean topping for your next meal. It’s perfect for an evening comfort meal.
Basic Baked Potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps light olive oil
- 4 equal-sized (about 200 g each floury potatoes (such as Dutch Creams)
Creamy Tuna & Bean Baked Potatoes
- 1 quantity of Basic Baked Potatoes
- 425 g can tuna in water, drained, flaked
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- few drops of red Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus extra, to serve
- 80 g green beans, thinly sliced
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Preheat oven to 200 C/180 C fan-forced. Brush potatoes with oil. Season with salt. Wrap each potato in foil. Place on an oven tray. Bake for 55 mins or until tender. Stand for 5 mins. Remove foil.
- Using a small, sharp knife, make a cross-cut in the top of the potatoes, not going all the way through. Use hands to gently push potato to open out the cross-cut and expose potato flesh.
Combine tuna, mayonnaise, Tabasco sauce and parsley in a bowl, and mix well.
Cook beans in a small saucepan of boiling water for 1 min or until tender. Drain, and refresh under cold water. Spoon the tuna mixture into baked potatoes. Top with the beans and tomato. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Photo: Pablo Martin/bauersyndication.com.au