Cool down impending hot summer days with a fragrant and refreshing serve of lychee, lime and lemongrass. Plopped on top of light and creamy Greek-style yoghurt, this could be your go-to afternoon slump pick-me-up.
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 lemongrass stem, pale section only, halved lengthwise, bruised
- 1 lime, zest finely grated, juiced
- 2 cups Greek-styled natural yoghurt
- 310 g can lychees in syrup, drained
- 50 g crystallised ginger, sliced
Place sugar and the water in a small saucepan; cook and stir over low heat for 2 mins or until sugar dissolves.
Add lemongrass, zest and juice. Increase heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 mins or until syrupy. Cool.
Spoon yoghurt into bowls. Top with the lychees and ginger. Serve drizzled with syrup.
Photos: Pablo Martin/bauersyndication.com.au