Fuel your body with wholesome zucchini and tofu noodles with an appetising – a delicious combination full of nourishing goodness! (Love zucchini? Try this delicious zucchini baked potato recipe)
Coriander pesto sauce
- 1 cup (150 g) roasted cashews
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsps finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 fresh long green chilli, seeded, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
Zucchini and tofu noodles with coriander pesto sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 250 g firm tofu, chopped coarsely
- 250 g yellow patty pan squash, quartered
- 350 g zucchini, halved lengthways, chopped coarsely
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 180 g dried soba noodles
- 1/2 cup (75 g) roasted cashews, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves (roughly three bunches of coriander)
Make coriander pesto: Blend or process ingredients until smooth; season to taste.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large deep frying pan over high heat; cook tofu for 3 mins each side or until golden. Remove from pan; keep warm.
Heat remaining oil in same pan; cook squash and zucchini, stirring, for 5 mins or until golden and tender. Add ginger and garlic; cook, stirring for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add sauce; cook for 1 minute.
Meanwhile, cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender; drain. Return noodles to pan, add pesto; toss to combine.
Serve noodles with zucchini mixture and tofu; top with cashews and coriander.