Packing a light snack is stress-free with these homemade muesli bars. Spare less than an hour of your time to prepare the bars before stuffing them into your lunchbox — the chewy dried nuts, crunch seeds and whole grains will be the perfect midday pick-me-up you need.
- 125 g olive oil margarine
- ⅓ cup (75 g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsps honey
- 1½ cup (135 g) rolled oats
- ½ cup (75 g) self-raising flour
- ½ cup (65 g) sweetened, dried cranberries
- ½ cup (70 g) coarsely chopped, pitted
- Dried dates
- ½ cup (80 g) sultanas
- ¼ cup (50 g) pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsps sesame seeds
Stir margarine, sugar and honey in medium saucepan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Press mixture into the pan and smooth the surface. Bake for about 35 mins or until golden. Cool in the pan. Cut into bars.
TIP Muesli bars can be kept in an airtight container for up to one week.