Light, sweet and instantly refreshing, this gorgeous lime angel cheesecake is one indulgent dessert you can enjoy guilt-free.
For the base
- 1 cup sweet biscuit crumbs
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 80 g butter, melted
For the filling
- 500G Philadelphia Block Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- Finely grated rind and juice of 2 limes
- 2 tsps gelatine dissolved in ½ cup boiling water
- 200 g white chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup thickened cream, softly whipped
- 4 egg whites, beaten to soft peaks
For the topping
- 1 cup thickened cream, extra, softly whipped
- Icing sugar, for dusting
Combine the biscuit crumbs, coconut and butter. Press into the base of a greased 20 cm spring form pan. Put into the refrigerator to chill.
Then, beat the PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, sugar, lime rind and juice with an electric mixer until smooth. Mix the gelatine and chocolate well, then fold the mixture into the whipped cream. Stir in one third of the egg whites, and then gently fold through the remaining whites.
Pour the whole mixture over the prepared base. Chill for 3 hours or until set. Spread the extra whipped cream over the cheesecake, and then sprinkle liberally with icing sugar before slicing. Serve immediately.
Lime Angel Cheesecake – in collaboration with Philadelphia.