Add some protein into your carb full baked potatoes with this moroccan lamb baked potato recipe. Perfect for a comforting dinner after a long day at work.
Basic Baked Potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps light olive oil
- 4 equal-sized (about 200 g each floury potatoes (such as Dutch Creams)
Moroccan Lamb Baked Potatoes
- 1 quantity Basic Baked Potatoes
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsps smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp dried chilli flakes, plus 1⁄2 tsp extra
- 300 g lamb mince
- 400 g can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup extra-light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped coriander
Preheat oven to 200 C/180 C fan-forced. Make Basic Baked Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 200 C/180 C fan-forced. Brush potatoes with oil. Season with salt. Wrap each potato in foil. Place on an oven tray. Bake for 55 mins or until tender. Stand for 5 mins. Remove foil.
- Using a small, sharp knife, make a cross-cut in the top of the potatoes, not going all the way through. Use hands to gently push potato to open out the cross-cut and expose potato flesh.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over moderate heat. Add onion, paprika, cumin and chilli; cook for stir for 30 secs or until fragrant. Add mince; cook, stirring to break up lumps, for 5 mins or until browned. Stir in chickpeas and tomato.
Spoon lamb mixture into baked potatoes. Top with sour cream. Serve sprinkled with extra chilli flakes and coriander.
Photo: Pablo Martin/bauersyndication.com.au