- 2½ cups (175 g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 (700 g) chicken thigh fillets, hammered flat
- 50 g butter, melted
- ¼ cup (70 g) sweet chilli sauce
- ¼ cup (75 g) kewpie mayonnaise
- Juice from 1 lime
- 200 g pre-cut coleslaw (not dressed)
- 4 brioche burger buns, split in half
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced with a peeler into ribbons
- ½ small (50 g) red onion, very finely sliced
Preheat oven to 220 C (200 C fan-forced). Line an oven tray with baking paper.
Add breadcrumbs to medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Brush the chicken pieces with butter, and dip into the crumb mixture. Press the crumbs firmly onto the chicken and place onto prepared tray. Bake for 25 mins, then turn the chicken over and bake for a further 5 mins. The crumbs should be golden brown, and the chicken, cooked through.
In a medium bowl, combine the chilli sauce, mayonnaise and lime juice for the coleslaw dressing. Then, toss coleslaw through the dressing.
To assemble the burgers, spread coleslaw generously over the bottom bun, and then layer on the chicken patty. Top with the cucumber, onions and extra chilli sauce, if desired.
Photo: John Paul Urizar/bauersyndication.com.au