For those who enjoy dishes with a fiery touch, this hearty, comforting baked chilli tuna pasta with yummy gooey cheese, will be sure to please.
- 500 g packet rigatoni pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chop finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crush
- 1 red chilli, chop finely
- 1/2 red capsicum, cut out seeds and slice
- 2 x 400 g cans sliced tomatoes
- 150 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 300 ml carton cream
- 400 g canned tuna, drain and flake
- 1 cup torn basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- 3/4 cup Perfect Italiano Mozzarella Grated Cheese
- 1 cup Perfect Italiano Parmesan Grated Cheese
Preheat oven at 180 C. Lightly grease a large casserole dish. Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water following packet instructions. Drain well. Return to pan and keep warm
Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over high fire. Stir-fry garlic and chilli for 4 mins until tender. Add capsicum and cook for 1 to 2 mins.
Stir in tomatoes and broccoli. Bring to boil. Cook for a further 3 mins over low fire.
Blend in cream. Cook over low fire for 5 mins until slightly thickened. Stir tuna and basil through. Season lightly with salt and pepper, if you like. Add to pasta, tossing well.
Spoon into dish. Sprinkle with combined cheeses. Bake 15 to 20 mins until cheeses melt with a golden crust.
Photo: Rob Shaw/bauersyndication.com.au