Instead of serving plain pancakes with fruits and maple syrup, change it up and spoil the family this weekend with these flavourful banana maple pancakes.
- 1/2 cup (75 g) self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp caster (superfine) sugar
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) buttermilk
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 10 g (½ ounce) butter, melted
- 1 medium banana (200 g), sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup, extra
- 1/4 cup (30 g) roasted pecans, chopped coarsely
Combine flour and sugar in medium bowl; whisk in buttermilk, egg white, syrup and butter until mixture is smooth. Stir in banana.
Pour ¼ cup of the batter into heated oiled large frying pan; cook until bubbles appear on surface. Turn; cook until browned lightly. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm. Repeat process with remaining batter to make a total of 8 pancakes.
Serve pancakes drizzled with extra syrup and sprinkled with nuts.