Add some sweetness and crunch to your chicken salads by combining pecans, sweet apple slices or barbecued chicken in each bite of this refreshing chicken salad.
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- ½ barbecued chicken, shredded
- 1 witlof (cigar shaped white vegetable also called Belgian endive), leaves separated
- 1 bunch rocket, leaves trimmed
- 1 pink lady apple, cored, quartered, thinly sliced
- ¹⁄³ cup gorgonzola dolce, crumbled
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsps white balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to moderate, 180 C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
In a small bowl, combine pecans and maple syrup. Spread on prepared tray. Bake 8 to 10 mins, until golden and sticky. Allow to cool.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, witlof, rocket, apple and gorgonzola. Transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with pecans.
In a small jug, whisk oil and vinegar together. Season. Drizzle over salad just before serving.