Sink your teeth into these refreshing and invigorating chicken and mango rice paper rolls for a light and delicious appetizer. This recipe requires barbecued chicken, which can be purchased at the meat delis at major supermarkets.
- 1½ cups barbecued chicken, shredded
- 2 tbsps sweet chilli sauce, plus ¼ cup extra
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 100 g vermicelli noodles
- 12 x 20-cm rounds of rice paper sheets
- 50 g snow-pea sprouts, trimmed
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, sliced into strips
- 1 mango, seeded, peeled, sliced
- ¼ cup crushed nuts
- 1 tbsp lime juice
In a bowl, combine barbecued chicken, sauce and oil.
Place noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak 5 mins, drain and chop.
Half fill a shallow bowl with warm water. Dip one rice paper sheet at a time in water until softened, squeeze out excess liquid and lay flat on bench. Top with sprouts, capsicum, chicken mixture, mango, noodles and nuts. Fold over one end, then fold in sides and roll up to enclose. Repeat with remaining rice paper and fillings.
Combine extra chilli sauce and lime juice in a bowl. Serve with rice paper rolls, for dipping.