Cut into the soft-boiled egg and let the yolk ooze into the pasta and pesto sauce. Then the salty hint from the prosciutto kicks in to complete the dish!
- 375 g spaghetti
- ½ cup buffalo mozzarella, chopped (available at cheese sections at leading supermarkets)
- 1 cup barbecued chicken, shredded
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 100 g baby rocket, finely chopped
- 4 thin slices crispy prosciutto
- 4 eggs, soft boiled, peeled
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet instructions. Drain well and return to pan.
Add mozzarella, chicken and pesto to pasta. Stir over low heat, until heated through and cheese begins to melt. Season to taste. Remove from heat.
Toss pasta gently with rocket and prosciutto. Divide between serving bowls. Top with broken eggs and serve straight away.