- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup smoked almonds, finely chopped, plus ¼ cup extra
- ½ cup whole-egg mayonnaise, plus 1 tbsp extra
- 1 bunch tarragon, finely chopped
- 2 tsps white wine vinegar
- 16 slices wholemeal bread
In a bowl, combine chicken, celery, almonds, mayonnaise, half of tarragon and vinegar. Season to taste and mix well.
Cover half of the bread with chicken mixture. Top with remaining bread. Trim crusts and cut each into four triangles.
Spread cut edge of each triangle with some extra mayonnaise. Dip into extra almonds and remaining tarragon to decorate. Keep covered in fridge until ready to serve.
Photo: Bauers/Rob Shaw