Cous Cous is a light and fluffy Moroccan staple, alongside with vegetables and meat, this dish is certainly healthy and delicious!
Watch the video guide below:
- 250 g cous cous
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 400 g chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans), drained
- 300 ml chicken stock, for cous cous
- 4 pcs merguez sausages, skin removed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 425 ml chicken stock, for frying
- Cilantro or wansoy, for garnish
Prepare couscous with chicken stock, according to the packet’s instructions.
Heat olive oil in a large pan and stir fry the merguez for 3 to 4 mins. Remove with a spoon and set aside.
Add the onion to the oil left in the pan and cook for 5 to 6 mins until softened.
Add in the chickpeas, paprika and chicken stock. Mix well and add chopped parsley.
Return the merguez to the pan and simmer for 2 to 3 mins.
Serve with couscous and garnish with chopped parsley.
1. Another option is to grill the whole merguez sausages and add to the couscous.
2. For the stock, add vegetables like French beans, carrots, eggplants and zucchini instead.
3. You can also use any type of sausage including Spanish Chorizo.